Col Jessica L. Hastings is the Commander of the 161st Air Refueling Wing,
Goldwater Air National Guard Base, Phoenix, Arizona. She is responsible for more
than 850 Airmen and eight KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft based at Goldwater Air
National Guard Base. The wing’s mission is to train, equip, and maintain units and
individuals to meet worldwide requirements in support of the larger Air Force mission
of global reach through rapid mobilization, airlift, aeromedical evacuation and aerial
refueling operations for United States and partner nation air forces.
Col Hastings graduated from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in 2002, followed
by Undergraduate Pilot Training at Laughlin Air Force Base, Del Rio, Texas, earning
her wings in 2005. She is a Command Pilot with more than 3,100 flying hours in the
KC-135. Prior to her current position, she was the Commander, 161st Operations
Group. Col Hastings served as the Assistant Director of Operations for 506 EARS
in PACOM 2017. She has also deployed numerous times to CENTCOM, most
recently in Feb-May 2018 as the Director of Operations for the 340 EARS.
2002 Bachelor of Science, Aeronautics and Aviation Science Technology, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona
2011 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2019 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2019 Master of Science, Military Operational Arts and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala, by correspondence
2020 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. December 2003-September 2005, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 85th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. September 2005-August 2013, KC-135 Inst. Pilot, 197th Air Refueling Squadron, 161st Air Refueling Wing, Phx, Ariz.
3. August 2013-January 2014, KC-135 Instructor Pilot, 161st Operations Group, 161st Air Refueling Wing, Phoenix, Ariz.
4. January 2014-March 2015, Chief of Training, 161st Operations Support Squadron 161st Air Refueling Wing, Phx, Ariz.
5. March 2015-October 2017, Chief, Wing Plans, 161st Air Refueling Wing, Phoenix, Ariz.
6. October 2017-July 2018, Chief, Stan Eval, 161st Operations Group, 161st Air Refueling Wing, Phoenix, Ariz.
7. August 2018-May 2020, Commander, 161st Operations Support Squadron, 161st Air Refueling Wing, Phoenix, Ariz.
8. May 2020-January 2022, Commander, 161st Operations Group, 161st Air Refueling Wing, Phoenix, Ariz.
9. January 2022-Present Commander, 161st Air Refueling Wing, Goldwater Air National Guard Base, Phoenix, Ariz.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: more than 3,100
Aircraft Flown: T-6, T-1, KC-135R/T
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with six oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal with three bronze stars
Global War On Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border and three oak, one silver leaf clusters
Air Force Longevity Service with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with silver hour glass and “M” device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon
Army Service Ribbon
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Arizona Long Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Arizona Service Ribbon with two oak leaf clusters
Arizona Overseas Ribbon
Louisiana Emergency Service Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
National Guard Association of the United States, Member, 2002-Present
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 26, 2003
First Lieutenant Sept. 26, 2005
Captain Sept. 26, 2007
Major Oct. 1, 2011
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 7, 2017
Colonel June 24, 2021
(Current as of March 2022)